Here in the northeast there are tell tale signs that back to school is upon us; hot days and cooler nights, county fairs, stores bustling with back to school shoppers, children’s nervousness of the upcoming school year with new teachers, the anticipation of seeing their friends again, and their parents’ excitement that school will bring back a routine.
Are you ready to start the new school year out on the right foot?
Here are 5 tips to help make this school year go by smoothly.
- Create a schedule. Have children go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Set a time for homework whether its before dinner or after.
- Prepare the night before. Have children choose their outfit, help prepare their lunches, and decide what breakfast will be.
- Create a launch pad. Decide where backpacks, coats, shoes, and any extra equipment needed for the next day will land. It could be by the door, in a closet, or in a room, as long as it is in a consistent place.
- Create a homework space. Setup a quiet area specifically for homework. Have any extra supplies within reach. Be available to assist when needed. Set a timer and allow for five minute breaks.
- Discuss tomorrows agenda. Let your child know what the day will look like. Discuss any concerns they may be having. This will lessen any anxiety they may be feeling.
Looking for more tips on how to stay organized? Read additional articles here from Professional Organizer Sharon Schneible.