Motivation is the driving force behind accomplishing the things that you want to do. Without motivation, your intentions are just that — intentions — and not actions!
Here are 5 simple tips you can try to increase your motivation to tackle that project you’ve been procrastinating about.
1. Get Positive. Instead of thinking how hard it will be or how many times you’ve attempted to get it done, think about how it will feel when you do get it done.
2. Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate things. Create the least amount of steps to complete the task.
3. Allot enough time. Don’t start a project that you believe will take two hours when you have to leave to pick up the kids from soccer practice in fifteen minutes. Schedule the time needed in your planner, and stick to it.
4. Be accountable. Ask someone you trust to hold you accountable. Make sure that person is someone who knows how important completing the task is to you. Let that someone know what you want to accomplish and by when. Have them come by or give you a call to check up on you.
5. Reward yourself. Even if it is something small like a latte at the nearby coffee shop or a night out at the movies, knowing that there is a reward when you finish the project will motivate you to keep going, even when you want to throw in the towel.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”