This Valentine’s Day, fall in love with your home all over again!
Do you remember when you first moved into your home? The excitement you felt about moving into your own place. The freedom to put things where you wanted them to be. The anticipation of choosing a color for the walls that would reflect who you are.
You Loved Your Home!
Over the years your life became busy, you didn’t pay so much attention to the details and things have gotten a bit out of control. Clutter has piled up in the corners, the paint color doesn’t reflect who you are anymore and you dread coming home to face all the projects that are staring you in the face.
Your home has lost its sparkle! You have fallen out of love with your home!
Just like a relationship you need to nurture your home. You need to give it attention and fix the little problems before they become big problems. You need to update paint colors, move the furniture around to give it a fresh look, get rid of clutter and do some deep cleaning!
Right about now you are probably feeling a little overwhelmed. Where do you start? Where do you find the time?
Follow these tips to create a space you LOVE to come home to! A space you can fall in love with. A space that feels like home again.
Steps to Fall In Love With Your Home All Over Again
1. CLEAR THE CLUTTER! Really look around your home and be realistic about how much stuff you really need or are using. LESS IS MORE! Get rid of those old magazines, the knick-knacks that are collecting dust, all the extra party supplies you are holding on to that you will never use again. Here are 5 simple tips to increase motivation to clean your clutter.
2. CHOOSE A COLOR! Do your walls look dingy, dated? Freshen them up with a new color. Use a neutral color on the wall and add pops of color with artwork, pillows and throws. That way when you want a new look you can easily switch out those pieces for new ones.
3. MOVE THE FURNITURE! Look at your space from a new perspective. Rearrange the furniture to create better flow. If you need to, eliminate unnecessary pieces. Move them to another room or maybe it’s time to let them go. Find a friend or family member who may need it or donate.
4. DEEP CLEAN! Get into those corners, the back of the closets, under and behind the furniture. Clean out the cabinets, give the fridge a deep cleaning too.
5. FIND A HOME FOR EVERYTHING! I know, you’ve heard it a thousand times but it really works! If an item has a place to go, then it won’t be hanging around cluttering up your nice fresh space! And you will be able to find it when you are looking for it.
Are you ready to love your home again?
Sharon Schnieble is an expert at creating spaces people love! As a Professional Organizer serving Upstate NY, whether you need help decluttering your home or office, home staging or organizing your closets or kitchen, she has the expertise to help you create a more efficient and organized space that you love to be in.
Give Sharon a call at 518-791-5560 for a free consultation or fill out the form below to get started today!